Chief of Gender Management Office
LTC Manuela-Elena BERCEA
After graduating the Law School of the “Lucian Blaga” University in Sibiu, Lieutenant-Colonel Manuela-Elena Bercea started her career in Brașov as a legal advisor. In 2015, she was appointed as legal advisor in the NATO Force Integration Unit (NFIU), becoming the first legal advisor of any NATO Headquarters established in Bucharest.
In 2018, she became the first Chief of the Gender Management Office within the Department for Parliament Liaison and Personnel Welfare, later being designated as National Focal Point for the “Women, Peace and Security” agenda.
Additionally, she was elected Chair of the National Implementation Group of the National Strategy and the National Action Plan “Women, Peace and Security”.
During her entire carrier, the officer has followed many specialization courses, both in Romania and abroad, such as:
Having an experience of over 20 years, Lieutenant-Colonel Manuela-Elena Bercea now co-chairs, alongside her counter partner from US, the UN “Women, peace and security” National Focal Point Network.
- NATO Legal Advisor Course - NATO School Oberammergau, Germany;
- NATO Operational Law Course - NATO School Oberammergau, Germany;
- The NATO Course of Instruction - Combined Joint Operation Centre Training.
- Utility of Gender in PSO Course - PSOTC, NATO/EUFOR Camp Butmir, Sarajevo, Bosnia;
- Gender Training for Trainers Course - RACVIAC, Zagreb, Croatia;
- Gender Advisor Course - Swedish Armed Forces International Center / Nordic Center for Gender in Military Operations, Sweden;
- International humanitarian law and rules of engagements – National Military University “Carol I”, Bucharest, Romania;